Below is a list of bills I have introduced, letters I have led, awards I have received, and funding I have championed for the people of California’s 44th District in the 117th Congress. Click on each tab to learn more.
Bills │ Letters │ Awards | Community Project Funding
2022 Claude Pepper Award for Advancing Healthy Aging
Awarded by: The Alliance for Aging Research
This award is presented each year to a Democratic member of Congress who is leading the way for policies encouraging medical research, innovation, and care to benefit Americans as they grow older. Rep. Barragán received this award in 2022 for her continued work to improve the health and well-bring of older Americans. More specifically, the Alliance recognized Congresswoman Barragán’s:
- Leadership in the U.S. House of Representatives urging the Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to revise CMS’ National Coverage Determination for monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease;
- Cosponsorship of H. 7213, the Equitable Community Access to Pharmacist Services Act, which enhances access to vaccination services in long-term care settings;
- Introduction of H.R. 379, the Improving Social Determinants of Health Act of 2021, to coordinate and appropriate funding for programs to address the community, societal, and environmental factors that influence health outcomes;
- Continued advocacy for patients and family caregivers living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, as well as advocacy for increased research for these diseases;
- Continued support of the Affordable Care Act and dedication to preserving and strengthening healthcare reforms and services, such as those provided by Medicare, that make quality, affordable healthcare coverage accessible to all of America’s seniors; and
- Leadership as a member of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce and its Subcommittee on Health.
Invitation Letter | More Information | Photos and Videos
2022 Medicare Advantage Congressional Champion
Awarded By: Better Medicare Alliance
The Better Medicare Alliance designates Members of Congress who have worked to strengthen and protect the Medicare Advantage program. Congresswoman Barragán was presented this award in 2022 in recognition of her consistent engagement and support in ensuring Medicare beneficiaries have high-quality and cost-effective healthcare coverage.